Randomly Missing the days

The best thing about being young and tiny is that you care for no one. I miss those days, when I would be by myself. The world was all good. No one was critical of what I did. I loved to play, soil my clothes and dared to imagine what I wished. I did not worry about any girl or subject or money or career or politics or ………or…..or……

I was cute, very very very cute. Everybody loved me. And I loved to hug my mom a lot, jump on her stomach every now and then. I would worry when my dad would be late from his MNC. I miss my mother’s baby talk and my Dad’s simple middle class moustache. I miss those days when I could negotiate a rupee for the bubblegum. I miss those days when I would sleep off in the bus and forget to get down on my stop. I really miss the water bottle and the BMX bike. I miss those people who would pull my cheeks and give me pat on the back for no reason at all.

There were those days in school when I was wild, when I was trying hard to fall in love. Love stories in the movies are so strange. They are never implementable. There are trees in my school, but I am certainly no great singer to go around them singing love ballads. So the strategy comes down to sharing pickles. My mom has a recipe of Mango pickle that someone so loves that I have to love the Lemon pickle the girl brings. She is a quite girl, and she is sweet. The pickles are a great way to start a conversation and probably a long friendship. I miss those days when I purposely joined summer classes of Physics to arrive early in School and wait for that angel to arrive. I miss those days when I could see my favourite girl everyday. To fall in love with someone, you have to first toy around a bit. You have to artificially start a water fight. Get chased and then ask out for a packet of Uncle Chips at the nearby market. I miss those 6 to 7 PM chat sessions over Yahoo Messenger. I used to be a phone maniac, I could talk endlessly on the phone with that someone I miss terribily. I miss those days when I could come to school without the fear of studying.

Everyone misses college, because there is so much to miss from college. The canteen, the corridors, the classroom, the back benches, the night outs, the *bling-bling*. I miss those long drives to college and home. Those drives that were soothing in the morning and sweaty in the evening. I miss the rajma-chawal of my college canteen. The best rajma-chawal ever. There are varieties of people in college. You simply cannot know everyone, but simply cannot forget anyone. You just miss them. College is the era of awakening for everyone , the time of becoming a rebel. You simply miss the days when you were angry for something your friend suffers. You miss the evenings that were spent in the empty corridor simply to delay the journey back home. I miss the people the most. I miss the joy of helping everyone I know. I miss the effort required to just to cheer up the juniors during their placements.

I miss being carefree. I miss being cute…being loved….being spared for the silly things I loved to do. I miss the silly things I did. I miss the people I have respected, loved, worked with, fought, made up with, travelled with, cared for. I miss my life of being Ayush, being Aunt Pauly….being the innocent boy of the neighborhood.

Well all this is a result of singing mushy songs, the joy of completed chapters, cheese egg parantha and insomnia during exams. But I know I will miss the this place. I will miss everything I have done and everyone I have met.

Comments

  1. Lovely post, just dropped by your blog after a long long time. Youth brings in a lot of responsibility suddenly, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) what a heartbreaking+nostalgic post.
    loved reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A handful of joy

Dilli

Last play